Monday, September 26, 2016

Rebel Runway 2016






We got to be in this years Rebel Runway Show again. FUN!! The theme this year was "Take Flight" and took place at the West Monroe Convention Center.
I'm always impressed by the girls involved and their wonderful manners. This is a fundraiser held each year to help the West Monroe High School Cheerleaders. They work very hard to make this a top notch professional show. Way to go Edward Morales!
  We got word that we would have 4 teens and 5 youth models. I immediately knew that I wanted all the models to wear matching Orange beanies. So, how do you find that in a very quick amount of time?? You go on Etsy and plead
your case to a shop owner. I did just that to a sweet lady out in Las Vegas. Her shop is called HiJinx. So thankful for her. She got them made in record time and shipped them out as fast as possible so we would be taken care of. Highly Recommend!! I just ordered myself a couple for the winter.
   The models all came over to our home the week before the show and tried on the goods. They were all very aggreable to whatever we wanted them to wear. The "city" we were given was Miami. At first this kind of concerned me, because I knew I didn't want the models to be wearing summer sleeveless clothes like at a Miami beach. So, we told them to think "Miami Gang"- Ripped jeans, our tops and converse shoes along with the orange beanies.
Our Cheerleaders were Taylor Collins, Kiley Brandon, Savannah Albritton and Savannah Whorton. Our youth models were Rylee Otwell, Aulds Garvin, Lennon Davidson, Cole Michael Stephens, and Kaitlyn Rockett. We scored in the model department!!! They all looked so cool and hip!! They modeled to Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop The Feeling"
  The night of the show, Pearson had soccer practice, so Brent took him and I decided to take Phoebe with me to see the show and get some behind the scene photos. I really thought this would be up her alley, but it wasnt.
She wouldnt speak to anyone and just had a frown on her face the whole time.
If there is one thing I can say about my little blonde haired beauty, she doesnt try to hide her feelings! HAHA
  We snapped a vew pics and saw a few folks. Always love to see Shelia Hatten, Melanie Massey, and  Leah Hawsey. Even got to see fellow runner Preston Davidson. I got to hug the neck of sweet LV who works at Herringstones.
And then I saw my pretty preggo friend Meredith doing makeup
And beautiful Melissa was helping do makeup too!
And I got to see my sorority sis, fellow teacher and buddy Melinda getting her hair styled!! She was one of the teachers who would get to walk the runway.
Some behind the scene pics of our gang :)

These peeps are so cool!


Well, it ended up, the actual show didn't start until 7, and Phoebe was toast by 6:30 so we left.  Thankfully, I had a bunch of friends send me pics and I also got some of the fabulous Steven Palowsky's downloads from the event. Check them out...












I heard more than once that Lennon stole the whole show!! We were honored and proud to have her modeling for us.

I loved reading the remarks on Facebook that our models looked cool, classy and covered.:)
We just got the new Fall designs that the models were wearing up on our website. Check them out at www.mrpstees.com

Thanks for reading-
Love
Lissy

Next up....Lafayette Tinsels and Treasures ReCap

1 comment:

  1. Loved your crew. Loved the whole show in fact. Thanks for supporting our community like you do!

    ReplyDelete